Launch of New Global Food Safety StrategyNovember 8, 2022
WORLD ANTIMICROBIAL AWARENESS WEEK (WAAW) 18 – 24 NOVEMBER 2022November 9, 2022
Joint CCAFRICA/CCLAC/USA Colloquium on Codex Alimentarius Commission Forty-fifth session on Thursday November 10, 2022
There will be a Joint CCAFRICA/CCLAC/USA Colloquium on Codex Alimentarius Commission Forty-fifth virtual session on Thursday, November 10,2022, open to all codex committees of the Americas, Caribbean and African countries.
The Colloquium is being held as part of a joint CCAFRICA/CCLAC/USA Codex initiative with the aim to enhance Codex capacity in the Africa, Americas and Caribbean region. The objectives of the Colloquium are to:
- Assist the Codex national committees in the preparation for upcoming Codex Technical committees: Codex Committee on Fats and Oils; Codex Committee on Nutrition and foods for special dietary uses; Codex Committee on Food Hygiene; Codex Committee on Fresh Fruits and Vegetables; Codex Committee on Contaminants in Foods; Codex Committee on Pesticide Residues; Codex Committee on Spices and Culinary Herbs; Codex Committee on Residues of Veterinary Drugs in Foods.
- Support the review of conclusions of major codex technical committees’ discussions.
- Enable codex participants to effectively prepare and contribute to the Codex Technical Committees, the Codex Alimentarius Commission and the Executive Committee.
- Enhance the national Codex committees in data information sharing and networking.
- Prepare for the 45th Session of the Codex Alimentarius Commission (CAC45) to be held at FAO Headquarters, Rome, Italy on Monday 21 – Friday 25 November 2022.
The Starting time is: 8:00 a.m. Costa Rica| 10:00 a.m. Washington DC | 9:00 a.m. Ecuador | 5:00 p.m. Nairobi Duration: 3 hours Moderator: Horrys Friaça.
IICA Registration link: https://iica.zoom.us/meeting/register/tZctd-2hrTMpHdBv09TSB52WJY9Tum7VCtu5
The Agenda will be looking at the committees here is the agenda link: Agenda Coloquio CAC45 ENG (v6).pdf